Abdominal massage prevents hernias in adultsIf you soften the knots and tight bands in the abs, the forces are evenly distributed and tears that cause hernias are prevented.
- Place a broomstick between the wall and the knotted abdominal muscle
- Put a stretch on the abdominal muscle to bring the knots close to the broomstick
- With the stretch on the abs it's safe because there's no pressure on the underlying organs
- How often: A short and gentle going over once a day, with a longer and firmer session once or twice a week. Do it for a month and your abs will hold the benefit for a good 6-12 months.
- A hernia is a soft swelling in the abdominal wall. If you have one don't press on it. Go and see you doctor.
- If you've had a hernia surgically repaired you can use the broomstick on other areas of the abs but don't broomstick the scar. Use finger pressure on the scar.
- Reduce discomfort at "that time of the month"
- Settle pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome indigestion
- More comfort and quicker recovery for heavy labourers and sports people who work their abs hard