Finding our post-viral feet
Our lockdown lasted for 33 days and ended on 27th April. It was fortunately successful in eradicating the virus which makes us lucky I guess. It had its mental health toll though, and it affected me.Picture: Social distance sign in Vancouver (we had similar in New Zealand)
Worst of all I missed my clients...
While some were having a holiday with the boss and the government paying their wages, I was a locked out of my premises and I took it pretty hard. I couldn’t visit my studio. I couldn’t drop by to pick up an exercise mat. My business bills still had to be paid. Worst of all I missed my clients. Fortunately there was a government handout. This year will be a zero profit year but at least we are permitted to survive and work on improvements, and offer everyone a better service going forward.
The history of that time, together with the national prime-ministerial addresses, is recorded here:-
COVID-19 PANDEMIC TIMELINE
A comment on the psychological distress is recorded here:-
Significant psychological toll from COVID-19 lockdown
- Create blog posts at Btpilates online
- Reach out to clients via email
- Offer free live mat classes, out of our garage, online via Zoom video-conferencing
- Develop effective systems of equipment sanitizing
- Outsource my bookings software development to Acuity Scheduling
- Outsource my website to Axiom digital
- Develop and refine all the above so as to virus-proof and improve our service and (we hope!) our customer satisfaction.